Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sleeping in the crib

Sam has successfully slept for a few hour stretch in his crib for two nights in a row. He was previously sleeping in the wonderful Rock 'n Play Sleeper next to the bed. We decided to give the crib a try and to our surprise, he went right down. We have this sound machine that Sam seems to like to keep the other house noises from waking him up.

We have a video monitor (Thanks Kelly and Shannon!) which I have decided I both love and hate. I love it because Sam can be a noisy sleeper and this way I can keep an eye on him and see him wiggling around and making noise in his sleep without going in the room to check on him
(i.e. wake him up). I hate it because Brad and I spend an unhealthy amount of time watching the monitor - wondering if this wiggle will wake him up and watching proudly as he falls back to sleep.
Hopefully the excitement of watching Sam on the monitor will die down so I can take advantage of his crib sleeping and get some sleep myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment