Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

July 31, 2011 - Are you Green?

Being "Green" seems to be the right thing to do these days (I'm talking about being eco-friendly and a Spartan fan - hehe).  We try to be green at our house, but sometimes we fall short.  Here are some things we do...
  • We use cloth diapers on Sam, at least part of the time.
  • I make our laundry detergent - and it works great!  The recipe I use can be found here.
  • We try to use reusable shopping bags
  • We use reusable water bottles
  • We are open to using hand-me-downs and previously loved toys and clothes for Sam
  • I have a Kindle - I wasn't so sure this was eco-friendly, but I recently read this and it made sense (Kindle replaces buying some books and reading them once and leaving them on the shelf, etc)
  • We recycle our cans and bottles  (We've been to the MSU recycling center drop off once, and need to go more often to recycle other things.)

What do you do that's "green"?  Any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment