Blog Archive

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Walt Disney World by the Numbers

2 - Times I was in the front cart of a ride  - Splash Mountain and Expedition Everest
2 - Character meals we went to.... I liked Crystal Palace more (with Winnie the Pooh characters).  Although it was fun to see Mickey at Tusker House, I'd try a different Mickey character meal next time.
3, 1, 1 - The ages of Logan, Sam and Andrew for their first Disney trip
1,000 - The number of raised eyebrows and funny comments we got when we told them the boys ages for dinner reservations (You must have your hands full...)
3 - Parks we went to (Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Universal's Islands of Adventure)
4 - Flights we took (Flint to Atlanta, Atlanta to Orlando.... Orlando to Detroit, Detroit to Flint)
4 - Quick Service restaurants we tried (Wolfgang Puck Express, Sandwich of Earl, Starlight Cafe, Pop Century Cafe) Wolfgang Puck Express was by far the best... I suggest using as many quick service credits you can at that restaurant. :)
5 - Table Service restaurants we tried (In order of my preference:  Ohana, Boma, Crystal Palace, The Whispering Canyon, Tusker House... Although they all had good food and good service)
5'2" - Maximum height of Mickey Mouse (I was surprised how short he was!)
10 - Snacks we tried (Dole whip floats, cinnamon roll, Goofy candies, popcorn, pops, ice cream, tye die cheesecake)
13 - Characters we met (Mickey, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Stitch, Chip n Dale, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eyeore, and Woody)
90 - Average temperature during our trip
1,800 - dollars spent for entire trip (including airfare, park tickets, souvineers, food, tips, hotel, everything!)
2,500 - miles flown round trip
Countless - Number of bus trips we took from our hotel to various Disney destinations :)
Countless - Miles walked around the parks

Here are a few more pictures from vacation (Stolen from Carrie and Eric's camera)

Sam and Logan

 Modeling the funny hats
 
 More hats!
 
Sam, Logan and Andrew

Again :)

Riding Dumbo

 Waiting for Aladdin's ride
 

 Sam and Logan
 
Proof:  Brad and me in the front row of Splash Mountain (I know it's not THAT big of a ride, but I was still a little nervous when we walked up and they said "row 1"...and yes I am the only one not holding my hands up in the air, including the little girl behind me)   :)


No comments:

Post a Comment