Blog Archive

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Making Football Crayons

I've been collecting Sam's broken crayons for a while now, and just recently bought a football shaped silicone mold to use to make our own crayons.  They turned out pretty well.
 
                                                                    
 
First, I peeled all the crayons and sorted them into the mold. 

 

We debated having multi-colored crayons but decided to sort the crayons by color as much as possible.... 
 

I baked them in the silicone mold at 250 degrees, for about 20 minutes.  I checked on them every 5 minutes or so.  Once all the crayons were melted and out of the oven, I put the tray in the freezer to help them cool. 
 
You can see we have various shades of red, orange, brown, green, and blue... the white, pink, and yellow crayon had the leftovers :)

Success!


No comments:

Post a Comment