Blog Archive

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Current Samisms and the "terrible twos"


Sam is getting close to 2 1/2 and talking and learning more every day.  He knows many shapes and colors (I'd say he knows all the basics).  He can identify numbers up to 20 and can usually count to 5 in order (although sometimes he says One, two, One!).  Sam's current obsessions include super heroes and Mickey Mouse.

Sam is usually very sweet and nice and says the cutest things.  On occasion a "terrible two" Sam will come out for a second and say something completely opposite.

For example:

Happy, sweet Sam:  I love you so much, Mama.  And I love Daddy, and Apollo, and Luna, and Mickey Mouse, and Scary Guy, and......, and....., etc.

Then, with no warning:  NO, Mama! Me NOT love you!

OR

Happy, sweet Sam:  Oh, yum!  Thank you for my tasty toast, Mama.

Then, scary Sam:  Me no like this!  Get me cookie RIGHT NOW!  RIGHT NOW, MAMA! (said in scary exorcist style voice)

OR

Happy, sweet Sam:  Hold me please, Mama.  Come help me, please.

Then, independent teenager Sam:  No!  I do it all by myself!  ALL BY MYSELF! NOOOOOOOOO!


Luckily, 99% of the time Sam is very sweet and nice.  He is in the midst of learning about all of his emotions. Also, luckily when he does have one of his "terrible twos" moments, it is over very quickly.  He apologizes quickly and is back to his sweet self.




Who me??  I'm always sweet!

See?



No comments:

Post a Comment