Blog Archive

Monday, February 28, 2011

Fluffy Stuff (Cloth Diapers)

** Linking up this old post to 'Toddle Along Tuesday' with the topic this week of diapers!  Enjoy some vintage Sam photos in some cute cloth diapers.  It's funny to see how bulky some of these diapers were on him. He is still wearing the same ones (yay one size!).   My current favorites (7/12)are the BumGenius Elemental, BumGenius 4.0, Bummi's Tots Bots, and the Flip system.   Oh, and the Kawaii Minky diaper.  : )  We currently use cloth diapers part time.  He uses disposables at daycare (for convenience) and overnight (so they don't leak).  We use cloth on the weekends and in the evenings.**

I thought it was time to share some info about the cloth diaper we use. If you have no interest in cloth diapers, go ahead and skip this post. :) All of the diapers I'm showing today are one-size diapers.  That means they have snaps to adjust how big the diaper is, and it fits most babies from 8-35 pounds. Sam is wearing all of them on the smallest setting right now.
This is a bumGenius Elemental.  It is a fairly expensive diaper ($24.95), but probably my favorite diaper.  It is made out of organic cotton and super soft. 
This is a GroVia diaper.  This diaper is $16.95. It comes with separate inserts that snap into place.  Each time you change the diaper you just change the insert and can keep the cover on (until it gets dirty).  This also comes with disposable inserts. This diaper is not my favorite and seems to fit Sam a little funny. 
This is a bumGenius 3.0 (They now only make the update 4.0 version).  It costs $17.95.  This is one of my favorite diapers.  It is the easiest to use - just velcro close just like a disposable. 
This is a Bummis Tots Bot Diaper.  They cost $23.95 each.  These are also sold on Amazon, so you can get a good deal using the 20% off diaper codes or other amazon coupons.  These are really cute and I love the bright colors. 
These three are all KaWaii diapers. The three different kinds are minky snap (which is so soft!), velcro, and snap.  These are the most inexpensive around $10-$12 each.  They are very cute and colorful and easy to use.  They have occasionally leaked more than any other cloth diaper I've tried.  (You get what you pay for, right?)

I also really like Flip Diapers, which include a diaper cover and organic, microfiber or disposable inserts.  I like that you can choose which insert you want to use.  You can use the cover more than once and the different inserts are pretty affordable (around $5 each).  I don't have any pictures of Sam in these.

I have also tried Fuzzibunz diapers.  I have no pictures of these because I really don't like them.  I can't figure out how to get a good fit on Sam. 

Well, we've tried a bunch of different cloth diapers and I really like them.  They are very easy to use and clean and keep us from buying so many disposable diapers.  Our favorites are the bumGenius brand - the elemental, 4.0 and flip system.  If you are using diapers you should give them a try! Cloth diapering isn't as hard as you may think!

4 comments:

  1. That's so awesome that your little guy can still wear the same diapers well over a year later. Thats a great perk of CDing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love BG, too! And super cute pics of your little one in all his fluff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although we had issues with Kawaii leaking too, they don't actually leak any more than the $25 diapers we bought from Blueberry, so I don't think it's always cost. When my daughter was older - 7 or 8 months old - the Kawaii's stopped leaking - she was finally fat enough :) to fill out the leg holes! Maybe your little guy will grow into them too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love one size diapers as well. I wish I had taken more pics of when my son first fit into the one size diapers. I am your newest follower from the Toddle Along blog hop.

    www.adventureswithcaptaindestructo.com

    ReplyDelete