Blog Archive

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pregnancy Update: Gestational Diabetes

Well, I am currently 32 weeks pregnant with baby boy #2.  Over the past couple weeks I've had multiple blood tests done and my doctor determined that I have gestational diabetes.  Which is a bummer...
 
On the bright side, I got an additional growth ultrasound (and will get another one in a month) so we got to see baby again.  He is doing great and measuring right on track.  We were able to see he already has hair!
 


 
The down side is, I have to monitor my eating (low carb, mostly) and I have to test my blood sugar four times a day.  This means using a blood sugar monitor, test strips, and a lancet (fancy word for needle) to get a drop of blood and put it in the monitor to make sure I am able to control my blood sugar levels.  Although it is a pain (literally), it's not that bad, and I have been able to keep my blood sugar level in normal range with my new eating habits.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment