Blog Archive

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Favorite Samisms of 2013

2013 has been a great year, as seen here, but there are a few things I want to remember that aren't necessarily "big events."  For now, I call them "Samisms"... soon Luke will be added to this too. :-)

My favorite Samisms of 2013:

- For every meal Sam brings some of his "guys" and lines them up around his plate so they are "watching him eat."  This started early this year, and it cracks me up.


- Sam loves super heroes - he likes dressing in the costumes or wearing t-shirts with characters on them.  When he wears them he "becomes" the characters and calls himself by the names "Mom - Batman needs you!!" and calls everyone else super hero names too.  I am often Wonder Woman or Bat Girl (even without the t-shirts).  He will often call himself Clark Kent or Bruce Wayne if he is wearing a polo shirt. 


- Sam gets very excited about little things and tries to get everyone else excited too.  "Did you know we get to have WAFFLES for BREAKFAST!?!?!" or "We're going to go to TARGET!?!?!"

  


- Sam loves his little brother so much.  He literally has never said anything "mean" about him (I know, I know, it will come).  He always wants to hold him, hug him, kiss him.. he talks about how cute and sweet he is and tries to comfort him when he is fussing. It is just so sweet how much he loves him.  I can't wait for them to be best friends. :)



- Sam is usually very polite and it sometimes cracks me up...He mostly does this with adults as he still struggles sometimes with sharing, etc. with other kids.  But throughout the day I will often hear things like this: "How was your sleep?" "Thank you for holding my hand," "How was your day?", "Do you want some of my food?" "Thanks for putting this yummy butter on my toast," etc...

- Sam loves to sing and dance.  His favorite game is "Freeze Dance." After listening to a song a few times he typically knows the words and will sing along to songs.  Even if he doesn't sing out loud, he will usually mouth along to the words. 

My boys have brought me so much joy and happiness this year, can't wait to see what 2014 has in store!


No comments:

Post a Comment